Ingredients for 2 cups of coffee
- Ground Coffee (medium fine) - 25gm
- Hot Water (90°C - 95°C) - 100ml
- Add ground coffee to the upper cylindrical cup of the filter.
- Tamp the grounds lightly with the press disc to form a uniform layer. Please take care not to tamp too hard.
- With the press disc remaining in place, fix the upper cup on top of the bottom chamber.
- Pour your boiled water into the upper cup and cover with the lid.
- Let the coffee decoction drip slowly from the top chamber to the bottom.
- In a small cup/traditional dabarah, add 30 ml of the above decoction.
- Slowly, add 60 ml of boiling hot milk, pouring from as far away as possible to create bubbles.
- Coffee is typically served after pouring back and forth between the dabarah and a tumbler.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- The coffee decoction should take around 12-15 minutes to filter down to the lower chamber.
- Pouring back and forth between two cups serves to mix ingredients thoroughly, cooling the hot coffee to a sipping temperature, and most importantly, aerating the mix without the need for extra water.