Ingredients for 1 cup of coffee
- Ground Coffee (coarse) - 25gm
- Hot Water (90°C - 95°C) - 250ml
- Pour filtered water into a kettle and heat to 94°C. If not using a temperature-controlled kettle, let water sit for 30 seconds after boiling.
- Measure out the coffee.
- Placing the French Press on the scale, note its weight to ensure accurate measurements. Spoon in the ground coffee.
- Start the timer and slowly pour in 50 ml of water. Stir and let bloom for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the remaining water. Stir and then let brew for 4 minutes in total.
- Positioning the plunger vertically, press down with the weight of your hand and arm, slowly.
- Pour the brewed coffee into a pre-warmed mug.
- Clean the French Press and the plunger in running water. Ensure you remove all coffee particles from the fine mesh filter. Wipe dry for next use.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- If your preference is coffee with milk, reduce the amount of water by half and increase the brewing time to taste.
- To avoid over-extracting the coffee, remove from the French Press after