An espresso drink is a specialty coffee drink that requires precision brewing. It includes one or more shots of espresso that are pulled on an espresso machine. Flavorful and rich coffee. It pairs well with tiramisu, croissants, and cookies like butter cookies, shrewsbury or osmania.
Ingredients for 1 cup of Espresso Coffee
Ground Coffee (Fine) - 16 to 18 gm
Water (92°C - 96°C) - 32 - 36 ml
Preparation of Espresso Coffee
- Weigh the ground coffee in the portafilter basket.
- Level or distribute the coffee evenly.
- Tamp the coffee evenly with approximately 30 pounds of pressure.
- Purge the grouphead to remove any lingering coffee grounds from the previous shot.
- Lock the portafilter and start the machine.
- The Espresso shot should start dispensing within the first 5 seconds.
- Stop when the desired consistency is reached.
Tips and Tricks
- Drink within the first 30 seconds.
- Weighing the coffee will improve consistency.
- Drink on its own or add milk and foam to create lattes, cappuccinos or flat white.
- Adding hot water makes an Americano.
- Thin or sour shots can be made better by grinding the coffee finer, increasing the amount of ground coffee, increasing brewing temperature and/or extending your brewing time by applying more pressure during tamping.
Do the opposite of the above steps if you're shot is overly bitter or burnt tasting.
Click here to explore our collection of roasted arabica coffee you can brew as a Espresso coffee.